Thema: SheIsMe - Oh no! I am a girl English previews

Mitglied Avatar von Jot
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SheIsMe - Oh no! I am a girl English previews

Hello, everyone! :-)

This is the official translation thread for "Oh nein! Ich bin ein Mädchen".

Many people have asked me to translate my webcomic to English – and so I did. But unfortunately I'm the kind of speaker who does not know the difference between "than" and "then". So I need help. I cannot afford professional translation services, because I do not earn any money with my comic – neither in the German, nor in the English version. So my idea is to upload 10 pages each Saturday to this thread. If you want to help translate the pages, you are welcome to help.

Now you may say: "Hey, he just wants a translation for free!" And to be honest: Yes. But I think that this is the only possibility to create an English version at all.

So, to sum it up:

• Upload 10 pages every saturday HERE
    • Every time I upload new pages, the old pages with be replaced by the new
    • Every time a chapter is finished, the complete chapter will (hopefully) be published at comicgate.de

To get into the story, you can read my own translation of the first act (100 pages) here (Java Script required):
    http://www.comicgate.de/webcomics-1s...irl/act-1.html

You can read the complete German version here:
    http://www.comicgate.de/webcomics/oh...-maedchen.html

So, let's go. Everybody who helps me out: Thanks a lot!

The following pages have been written with the help of the same people, who helped me with the first act, but they did not have the final look.
    You find the German versions of this pages here: (S.131 - S.139)
    http://www.comicgate.de/webcomics-1o...hen/2-akt.html

Geändert von Jot (17.12.2011 um 23:38 Uhr)

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zuerstmal eine Korrektur der Einleitung:

Hello, everyone! :-)

This is the official translation thread for "Oh nein! Ich bin ein Mädchen".

Many people have asked me to translate my webcomic to English – and so I did. But unfortunately I'm the kind of speaker who does not know the difference between "than" and "then". So I need help. I cannot afford professional translation services, because I do not earn any money with my comic – neither in the German, nor in the English version. So my idea is to upload 10 pages each Saturday to this thread. If you want to help translate the pages, you are welcome to help.

Now you may say: "Hey, he just wants a translation for free!" And to be honest: Yes. But I think that this is the only possibility to create an English version at all.

So, to sum it up:

• Upload 10 pages every saturday HERE
    • Every time I upload new pages, the old pages with be replaced by the new
    • Every time a chapter is finished, the complete chapter will (hopefully) be published at comicgate.de

To get into the story, you can read my own translation of the first act (100 pages) here:
    http://www.comicgate.de/webcomics-1s...irl/act-1.html

You can read the complete German version here:
    http://www.comicgate.de/webcomics/oh...-maedchen.html

So, let's go. Everybody who helps me out: Thanks a lot!

The following pages have been written with the help of the same people, who helped me with the first act, but they did not have the final look.

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generall fänd ich's besser, wenn du die deutschen Seiten hier mit reinstellst. Um eine Übersetzung zu erstellen oder auch "nur" zu korrigieren, muss man das Original kennen. Können wir uns natürlich anderso suchen, aber wäre doch hilfreich :-)

Mitglied Avatar von Jot
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fixed and danke

Da mich das Forum, wie ich gerade feststelle, auf 10 Bilder beschränkt, muss ich die deutschen Seiten über einen Link platzieren.

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey jan,

das ist doch schon sehr gut! eigentlich ist gar nix 'falsch', es sind nur ein paar holperige stellen drin...

hier ist meine version, nochmal neu aus dem deutschen uebersetzt, ein paar stellen mit alternativvorschlaegen (wie gesagt, vieles ist deiner version super aehnlich) :

(achso, fuer meine "legitimation": habe bis vor kurzem 15 jahre in den USA gelebt...)

This is EXACTLY the same crap as yesterday!

Completely impossible to fall asleep!

Tomorrow you'll be going to Hamburg!

You'll be repeating your story - again!!

AND make a fool of yourself...

Better look for some distraction - let's see what i bought earlier on (oder: 'let's have a look')

C or D? Definitely D!

Well, if the bras fit a well as these pants, it probably won't matter!

What the...? ( oder "Darn it!!" oder "whaddaya know?") M pinches!!

And L is just a tad too big! Or am i imagining things?

Hair is next!

Hmmmmm

Naaaaw!

This sucks!

Even worse!

I like THIS the best!

And the sweater...

...is really tight!

Whoa

I never noticed just how stupid this movie really is!

Somehow , all of a sudden all my movies seem boring to me! How could i have ever enjoyed that crap in the first place?

gasp! If my taste is changing 180 degrees, just how much will love and sex be affected?

gasp! if my preferences are reversing themselves, what'll happen to love and sex?

gasp! the way my tastes and likes are changing, i'm really getting concerned about love and sex!

gaaahhh! I'm going nuts! If i keep liking girls, that'll mean that i'm a lesbian. But if that changed and i now prefer boys, then i'm actually gay because originally, i'm a guy, too!! I can't take it!!

You're right, Chicky! I'm overthinking it again!

A little distraction would be perfect! You DID buy something else today, after all!!

Thanks to photography class, at least a have an inkling ("some idea)" about how this here works!

Well...

One tiny detail is still missing

And now let's get outta here! If i keep thinking about it too much, i'll never be able to leave my only refuge again!

What am i saying? My safe refuge ("home base", "safe haven")? But this is exactly where it happened! This is ground zero!!

viele gruesse

m

Mitglied Avatar von Jot
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    erst mal vielen Dank

Dein Text zeigt auch recht deutlich, welches Prolem ich mit zu viel freiwilliger Arbeit für eine Person habe. Das sind gerade mal 10 Seiten mit für ONIBEM unterdurchscnittlich viel Text und dennoch bläht sich das unter ein ander weg geschrieben ganz schön auf. Das wird gerne mal unterschätzt.

Mitglied Avatar von Hinnerk
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohne eine vernünftig zu bearbeitende Vorlage wirst du niemanden finden, der dies auch nur semiprofessionell übersetzt. Selbst fürs Lektorat werden sich nur gute Freunde ein Hin- und Herklicken zwischen diversen Seiten antun.
    Meine Zeiten als Übersetzer sind vorbei (und eher auf technische Sachgebiete spezialisiert), aber für kostenlose Arbeiten im Freundeskreis musste mindestens eine optimal vorbereiteter Text vorliegen. Zeit ist Geld usw. und der Zeitaufwand wird gerne unterschätzt.

Mitglied Avatar von Jot
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wie würdest du das alternativ machen? Seiten nebeneinander abbilden wäre da noch ne Option.

Junior Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hallo Jot,

im 1. Akt sind auf Page 124 und 125 identische Panels.
    Stellst du die Seiten des 2. Aktes auch wieder so wie die des 1. Aktes ein? Wäre schön!

Grüße alpinium

Mitglied Avatar von Jot
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zitat Zitat von alpinium Beitrag anzeigen

im 1. Akt sind auf Page 124 und 125 identische Panels.
    Tatsache. Leite ich weiter

Stellst du die Seiten des 2. Aktes auch wieder so wie die des 1. Aktes ein? Wäre schön!
    Grüße alpinium
    Jo. am Ende sollen alle Seiten wieder bei comicgate komplett verfügbar sein