PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Gesundheitszustand von Carl Barks

YPSmitGimmick
14.06.2000, 20:07
Auf dem schwarzen Brett der Donaldisten fand man heute folgende Nachricht von "Detlef Giesler" von der Edition Dreidreizehn.
(Ich übernehme keine Garantie für mögliche Fakemeldungen)

Folgende Nachricht von Carl Barks erreichte mich heute. Möchte ich Euch auf diesem Wege weiterleiten.
M.d.G.
Detlef Giesler

Dear family and friends,
It is Carl`s wish that I write to his close friends and family and explain his current health condition. As most of you know Carl was diagnosed with Leukemia in July of 1999. The doctor has been treating the cancer with a very mild form of oral chemotherapy. Over the past 4 to 6 weeks Carl`s health has steadily become worse. He is very weak and tired, and spends the greater part of his day in bed or resting in his chair. Carl has requested all medications that are prolonging his life be stopped. He will no longer be given his chemotherapy pills.
Helen Hunicke and I oversee Carl`s care. We are doing everything in our power to keep him comfortable. Helen arranged for Hospice care. There is a nurse and an aid who assist in Carl`s personal care and work with his doctor to insure that he is receiving the correct medication to help keep him comfortable.
Short letters, cards or family photos would be enjoyed and appreciated, but please know that Carl is unable to respond to them. Helen or I will periodically keep you informed as to his condition. Also phone calls and visits should be kept brief due to the fact that he tires very quickly.

AFF 1
AFF 2
AFF 3

murxes
14.06.2000, 21:13
Danke YPS für die Mitteilung. Natürlich ist Barks 99. Natürlich hat er sein gigantisches Lebenswerk seit über 30 Jahren nicht mehr wesentlich erweitert. Natürlich sollte er friedlich heimgehen dürfen. Mir ist Pathos fremd, aber wenn er geht, wird doch was fehlen. Irgendwie wirkte Barks so ewig. Good luck, poor old man. Komm gut an in Trallala.

efwe
15.06.2000, 19:57
Danke für die Info.
Ich muss Murxes Recht geben: Als ich Carl vor ein paar Jahren - 1994 - getroffen habe, hatte man wirklich den Eindruck, dass diesen Mann nichts umwerfen könnte.
Ich bin nur froh, dass er seine letzte Zeit in Ruhe und in der Gesellschaft von ihm wohl gesonnen Leuten verbringen konnte.

efwe

YPSmitGimmick
11.07.2000, 20:12
Im Carl Barks Message Bord fand man heute folgende Meldung von Detlef Giesler:

One month ago I placed a message about the health of Carl Barks. The message below reached me this morning by fax. I place it here to inform those people asking for Carl's health.

Carl Barks
1415 NE Heritage Drive
Grants Pass, OR 97526
USA

July 3, 2000

Dear family and friends,
Carl would like to thank all of you who sent cards, letters, or called after hearing of his illness. He regrets that he could not answer each and every person personally. His declining health does not permit that. His sickness makes him extremely weak.
Although his health is continuing to fail, he still thinks about all the work that needs to completed.
Carl appreciates your generous and flattering comments and knows that if it were not for all of you that he would not be famous today.

(hand signed) Carl Barks
Thank you for your concern and prayers.

Sincerely,
Carl's caregivers

Written for Carl Barks

YPSmitGimmick
28.07.2000, 03:23
Auf der Homepage von Dreidreizehn findet man nun folgenden Brief von Carl Barks:

July 22, 2000
Dear Friends and kinfolks:
It is time for me to write an update on the letter sent out some weeks ago by my Helen and Serene. As stated in that letter, my health is badly out of balance. The Leukemia that slowly destroys the ability of my blood to carry oxegen to my vital organs has almost shut down my circulation. I am hooked to an oxygen concentrator much of the time...breathe through tubes that connect to my nose.
Because of my condition a constant weakness. Can barely hold my eyes open. I've lost all sense of taste and smell, and sleep in short sequences.
I have no idea how long I can live in this form of half/life. I assure all of you that I wish you best of luck.
Carl Barks

kinski
28.07.2000, 06:52
mit der grösste überhaupt...
good luck

------------------
i am the wrath of god