PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : [EN] The artwork of MacFarlane

Ambroggio
10.06.2003, 02:40
Yeah, I always wanted to mention that:

Despite the fact that I was really loving Spawn in the first days, that I devoured the Hulkbuster-Storyline and what McFarlane did for Spiderman... I have to admit:

Todd is one of the worst professional (and anyway sucessful) pencilers I´ve ever seen. The anatomy of many of his drawings sucks and without the use of color nobody could even read his comics.

So, why actually could he make it? The new approach of displaying violence in comic mainstream ( regarding Spawn or the legendary Wolverine/Hulk-Fight)... or was it perhaps the new way of pretty dynamic storytelling - new for his time?

Or the fact that he just entered comic-biz at the right time when the hype was really burning the brains out of the industry?

Anyway, he still got a better sense for being businessman,

Greetings
Ambroggio

*spawn54*
10.06.2003, 11:12
Please,don't carry it too far!Maybe Todd Mcfarlane is overvalued,but he is a good penciler!

navigator
10.06.2003, 21:17
Its style, its style, Mr. Ambroggio
The Wolverine/Hulk Fight was and is one of my fav. comic fights...when I saw it the first time... my heart stoped to beat and I began to copy Mr.McF. style but I wasnt so cool and at the end I found my own style...
Spawn is and was great...

Ambroggio
10.06.2003, 21:41
Not everything can be excused by the definition of style. ;)

Look at the women... look at the women. :D

Greetings
Ambro

navigator
10.06.2003, 21:47
Women??? Where??? :D
Mary Jane looked so awesome and sexy...

Fact is he can draw and he has his own style and it rocks...
;)

Take care

Savage Dragon
11.06.2003, 22:17
Original geschrieben von Ambroggio
Yeah, I always wanted to mention that:

Despite the fact that I was really loving Spawn in the first days, that I devoured the Hulkbuster-Storyline and what McFarlane did for Spiderman... I have to admit:

Todd is one of the worst professional (and anyway sucessful) pencilers I´ve ever seen. The anatomy of many of his drawings sucks and without the use of color nobody could even read his comics.

So, why actually could he make it? The new approach of displaying violence in comic mainstream ( regarding Spawn or the legendary Wolverine/Hulk-Fight)... or was it perhaps the new way of pretty dynamic storytelling - new for his time?

Or the fact that he just entered comic-biz at the right time when the hype was really burning the brains out of the industry?

Anyway, he still got a better sense for being businessman,

Greetings
Ambroggio

In my humble opinion is Todd one of the best damn pencilers in Comic History! Many artists copied his style and then evolved it into their own!

His work on Spider-Man had so many influences on the way we see Spider-Man today (like the poses when he swings or the silly webbing or the angles and fight scenes in mid air). I for one think that McFarlanes and David Michelines Spider-Man run is one of the greatest runs in Comic History!

Same goes for his Hulk work!

But thats just me! :)

Breedstorm
12.06.2003, 07:54
I totally agree, Savage Dragon!

stryx
12.06.2003, 11:17
I recently read the Assassin Nation Plot where five of six issues were penciled by Todd McFarlane and Spidey was fine as long as he wore his mask. But take a look at those faces!

Are you really telling me that M.J. looked sexy in those pages? Alright, she had a gorgeous body but a very ugly face with quite a stupid expression on it.

Frank Castle
12.06.2003, 15:40
Original geschrieben von Savage Dragon

In my humble opinion is Todd one of the best damn pencilers in Comic History! Many artists copied his style and then evolved it into their own!

His work on Spider-Man had so many influences on the way we see Spider-Man today (like the poses when he swings or the silly webbing or the angles and fight scenes in mid air). I for one think that McFarlanes and David Michelines Spider-Man run is one of the greatest runs in Comic History!

Word. Have you got the first issue from Davids Deathmask? Not as good as in the old days, but not bad for the start.

Original geschrieben von stryx
Are you really telling me that M.J. looked sexy in those pages?

Yes, she did.