PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : News: Inker-Karussell bei CG

Ralph Kruhm
05.02.2003, 08:01
CrossGen Press Release:

In the near future, readers of CrossGen Comics will notice a few new names on their favorite titles. Beginning with Brath #2, John Dell will assume the regular inking role replacing Brad Vancata. Vancata has left CrossGen as a full-time employee to pursue other opportunities, but will continue working for CrossGen in a freelance capacity. Taking Dell's place on Route 666 is inker Drew Geraci. Formerly the regular inker on Sojourn, Geraci has recently served in the role of relief inker. Beginning with Route 666 #9, he will become that title's regular inker.
"We are sorry to see Brad go," said CrossGen Art Director Bart Sears. "But as we've stated all along, the CrossGen studio system isn't for everyone. We wish him the best of luck with his future endeavors. He's a class act and a great inker; I'm sure he'll find regular work if he chooses to remain in comics."

"I appreciated my time at CrossGen very much, and am very happy and proud of the work that was produced in conjunction with the various creative teams I had the pleasure of working with," Vancata said. "At this moment in time though, I decided it was right for me to move on. I will always value the friends I've made here, and my respect and admiration for the hard work, commitment to quality, and dedication of my fellow creators is immense. Hats off to you, and all the best for the future."

John Dell's first issue on Brath, issue #2, is on sale March 26.

"Coming on to one of CrossGen's newest titles and getting the opportunity to work over the pencils of such an outstanding young talent like Andrea Di Vito is going to be very interesting," Dell said. "The fan response to Brath so far has been overwhelming. I look forward to working on this title, those people are wild!"

Route 666 #9, the first issue to be inked by Drew Geraci, is on sale February 19.

"It is very exciting to be back on a regular title again," stated Geraci. "I've had the pleasure of working over some of the best pencilers here at CrossGen and now is no exception. The work Karl Moline is doing on Route 666 is phenomenal and a lot of fun to ink. His style is different from the other pencilers I've inked and I'm really looking forward to our run together."