PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Wechsel in den USA - Sigil, Crux, Solus & Path!

Northstar
29.12.2002, 12:04
Frisch vom comicscontinuum......

"CrossGen Comics on Friday announced changes on art team for The Path, Sigil and Crux, including the addition of former Green Lantern artist Dale Eaglesham.

The changes include:

* As of #13, Matthew Smith will be taking over as penciler of The Path as Bart Sears focuses on his role as art director full time.

* As of #22, inker Roland Paris moves to Crux as Rick Magyar moves to new CrossGen title Solus.

* The new art team for Sigil will consist of new penciler Dale Eaglesham, regular inker Andrew Hennessy, and regular colorist Andrew Crossley.

* Sigil penciler Scot Eaton, who has been with CrossGen for two years, is leaving to pursue other opportunities.

Smith comes to CrossGen from Albany, New York where he last worked on Nightcrawler for Marvel. Before that, Smith penciled DC's Day of Judgment, and short stories for Mike Mignola's Hellboy.

"I'm looking forward to drawing a book that is as complex and interesting as The Path," Smith said. "The story and environment is one that no one touches on in American comics. It's a mix of realistic and fantastic elements unlike anything we've seen before. I've never felt very comfortable working with over-the-top super heroics, so to work on a book like The Path is a dream come true."

With Sears leaving the title to assume his role of Art Director full time, he will oversee production of CrossGen's 14 monthly titles as well as three new products from Code 6 Comics.

"The art directing duties at CrossGen have just kept growing," said Sears. "Even with six assistant art directors, each specializing in their own areas, the workload is very high. Matt Smith did a tremendous job on The Path #9, as a relief artist, and he was our only choice for taking over the penciling work. He's already raising the bar to a new level."

Paris started at CrossGen in June as a relief inker before joining Steve Epting on Crux.

"It's good to be on a regular title after doing relief issues," said Paris. "I really enjoy working on Steve's stuff. It's a different style than I am used to inking, so it has been quite a challenge to live up to what Rick did, and uphold the artistic integrity of the book."

Current Crux inker Magyar will be moving on to Solus, CrossGen's new monthly title, inking the pencils of comics legend George Pérez.

"I have thoroughly enjoyed the work that Chuck [Dixon], Steve, Frank [D'Armata] and I have done for nearly two years and consider it the finest collaboration I've been involved in," said Magyar. "But now, I find myself very pleased with the work I'm doing with Barbara [Kesel], George, and Larry [Molinar] on Solus. I anticipate excellent individual efforts from all of us on a book that is sure to sweep the reader off on a cosmic roller coaster ride."

Current Sigil penciler Eaton is leaving Florida and moving back to Vermont after spending the past two years at CrossGen.

"It's been a great two years. I value the friends I've made, some of whom will be friends for life," said Eaton. "I wish CrossGen the best of luck with all their future endeavors."

"I'm very sorry to see Scot go," said Sears. "He's a gentleman and an excellent artist. He came into an unstable situation and made that book his own. He's really created a vivid and believable universe, his design work alone is remarkable. Through his run on Sigil, he has filled page after page of powerful artwork that just reaches out and grabs you. He leaves a huge void that has not been easy to fill."

Eaglesham comes to CrossGen from DC Comics where he has distinguished himself through his work on Green Lantern.

"It's very exciting to be joining such a quality organization," Eaglesham said. "CrossGen is setting new industry standards and I'm proud to be able to be a part of it. This can only become a very stimulating and rewarding experience. I look forward to it.""

Eigener Kommentar:

1. Sears verlässt Path. Sehr schade drum. Damit ist der Titel nicht mehr der selbe für mich. Smith ist zwar ein sehr guter Zeichner (siehe Fill-In), ändert aber denke ich das Artwork schon sehr...

2. Eaton überlässt Sigil Eaglesham. Eaglesham ist ebenso gut, sicher, siehe sein GL; aber Eaton hat gerade seinen Stil gefunden, schon geht er wieder. Noch dazu ganz von CG weg. Sehr schade.

Northy

Balu
29.12.2002, 15:00
aaaaaaaaaaargh. und es bricht eine Welt zusammen. oder zumindest eine hälfte davon. thePath ohne BartSears.... aaaaargh :(

gruß,
Steven

Obregon Kaine
29.12.2002, 18:14
Original geschrieben von Balu
thePath ohne BartSears.... aaaaargh :(
Na hoffentlich kann Smith das Feeling der Serie beibehalten.
The Path ist grad wegen Sears' Zeichnungen so genial.

Northstar
29.12.2002, 18:46
Naja, sein Fill-In sah doch recht gut aus, irgendwie nach Mike Mignola. Mir gefällt's. Aber Sears wäre schon netter gewesen...

Pyrem
29.12.2002, 21:27
Mhm, ich kenne Eaglesham ( ist eh falsch geschrieben, bin zu faul zum kopieren XD" ) noch von "Captain America" da hat er ein paar Ausgaben gezeichnet. Ob sein Stil zu Sigil passt, ich denke schon, aber hoffentlich werden nicht ständig die Zeichner gewechselt, wie es bei manchen Serien der Fall ist. -.-"

LeGuy
30.12.2002, 09:02
Das Artwork von Herrn Sears hat schon entscheidend dazu beigetragen, dass The Path ein besonderer Comic ist. Schade...
Über Smith werde ich erst was sagen, wenn ich Path #9 gesehen habe (muss als Forge-Leser noch etwas warten...)

Balu
30.12.2002, 18:12
Ein Problem für "nachfolge"-Künstler bei thePath wird sein, die Stimmung und das Artwork auf zu greifen, dass Sears durch seine Arbeiten generiert hat.
thePath ist meines Erachtens, in einer Art und Weise vom speziellen Artwork geprägt wie kein anderer Crossgen-Titel (ich kenne jedoch noch lange nicht alle). Jeder Zeichner versucht seinen Stil mit einzubringen. Bei Sigil z.B., sehe ich da kein großes Problem da es wirklich genügend Zeichner gibt die etwas ähnliches hinbekommen, ohne dass der Titel an "Identität" verliert.
Bei thePath jedoch.... aaaargh, wenn ich mir vorstelle dass da evtl. später mal so'n Pseudo-Maduereira (wie auch immer) dran sitzt oder ne weitere JimLee-Kopie.... sooo interessant find ich die Story dann doch nicht.
Hoffen wir mal dass Smith mit der "Bürde" zurecht kommt, sein FillInn war nicht von schlechten Eltern, und wenn er sich noch etwas mehr mit dem Stil anfreunden kann bzw. ihn verfeinern kann, werd ich den Titel wohl weiterverfolgen, ansonsten....

gruß,
Steven

Slobdell
30.12.2002, 22:20
Dass Bart Sears geht kann ich noch verkraften, es wird für Matt Smth zwar schwer das hohe Niveau zu erreichen, aber sei sperriges Artwork angereichert mit einigen Stilelementen könnte bei TP funken.

Eagelsham - nein, also wirklich nicht. ich kenn zwar nur seinen Cap (immer gerne übersehen) und die No Mans Land / Gotham Nights Hefte, aber das war auch genug des Schreckens. Gekünstelte Schattierungen und unpassnde Schraffierungen, so man das denn Schraffierungen nennen mag. Und vollkommen stimmungsfrei-selbst Superinker Danny Miki konnte an den Zeichnungen nicht viel retten. Die einzige Hoffnung die bleibt, ist dass viele Zeichner erst bei CG ihr ganzes talent entfaltet haben (Johnson, Eaton) mit denen ich vorher auch ncihts anfangen konnte.

Slobby