PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : CGE-News: Ist "HYBRIDS" CGEs nächste Serie?

Ralph Kruhm
11.09.2002, 05:38
Frisch von newsarama:

Turns out Andy Park has been working on his own creation, a creator-owned series which he’ll write and edit called Hybrids: the Awakening.

“Hybrids is more of a fantasy based book,” Park explained. “It's not full-on fantasy with elves, hobbits, and such. But there are fantastic creatures in this world. This world is like a ‘hybrid (intentional self plugging pun)’ of Eastern and Western middle ages. It's a story about self-discovery, about the duality of life, and confronting that which is different from the norm. It's a story about two different races: the human race and the Hybrid race. Two worlds will collide...”

“I've been wanting to do a creator-owned book for a while now, but with me doing the art chores on Tomb Raider since it began in 1999, I've had my plate full,” continued Park. “But after almost three years on Tomb Raider, I decided to move on and I finally had an opening in my schedule to work on my own book.

“But as far as the idea is concerned, it really began back in 1997 when I took a hiatus from the comic book industry to go to an art school. There I created a character (that would later become one of the main players in the series), but no real story behind the character. Eventually, I would come up with concepts and storylines during my free times. I came up with the first rough draft of the concept during a plane ride coming back from a convention in the east coast...or was is from a European trip? I can't remember. But anyways, that's where the ideas first came from.”

After leaving Tomb Raider at the end of this past February, Park begin to write and come up with character designs.”

“But I pretty much spent 2-3 months writing and conceptualizing,” he said. “I didn't really tell anybody what I was doing. I wanted to have things more concrete before I let anyone know what I was working on. But I almost have the whole first issue penciled and ready to go.

“The one thing that is different about this series is the way that I am illustrating it. I'm not just penciling the book. I'm actually gonna be illustrating it, meaning that I'm gonna be doing the full art chores … pencils to colors. Ever since I left art school I've been yearning to paint and this is finally my chance.

“I was considering painting the book by hand, but because of time restraints I'll probably end up coloring the book by computer (although who knows, I might still change my mind, we'll see...). This is how I've been wanting to draw for three years now … not that I didn't enjoy my Tomb Raider run, but even as I enjoyed that, I always had a yearning to illustrate in the style that you will see in Hybrids: the Awakening.

Park couldn’t reveal who the publisher for the series will be, saying the he’s currently in negotiations with different publishers and hopes to finalize a deal soon, and with CrossGen and Dreamwave now on the scene along with Image, he could have a few options.

“Hybrids: the Awakening is a six-part story of an ongoing saga,” he added. “I’ve written the book to be like a trilogy. The first part of the trilogy is the initial six issues. So, this is not just a mini-series. Whether or not I will be able to tell the whole story that I have all depends on if it does well enough to continue. I realize that it's a tough market but I definitely have high hopes for the book. I'm definitely creating this out of passion!”

Park also added he’ll debut the art style of Hybrids on December’s Alias #0.

For more on the series, check out Park’s website at www.hybridscomic.com

Northstar
12.09.2002, 13:54
Richtig schöne Seite & die Serie sieht genial aus. Gott, langsam werde ich echt arm. Und dazu noch von Andy Park, dem ich nach Tomb Raider nicht wirklich viel zu getraut habe. Da wurde ich hier echt angenehm überrascht. :)

Northy