Thema: News: Scion

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Ralph Kruhm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation News: Scion

Press Release

Mysterious power courses through his body. An island of escaped slaves look to him for protection. But now Ethan, the troubled prince caught between two warring kingdoms, will gain two new allies as writer Ian Edginton (X-Force) and penciler Luke Ross (Spectacular Spider-Man) join the SCION creative team. Both creators leap onboard in September with SCION #40, a new-reader-friendly "Key Issue" that opens a fresh chapter on the dangerous techno-medieval world of Avalon.

"Swords, sorcery and science fiction! Come on, how could I pass this up?" stated Edginton, who, as previously announced, is also joining SOJOURN as ongoing writer. "SCION is steeped in mythic overtones which I love. The warring houses, the youngest prince who makes good, the love of his life who is the sister of his enemy...it encompasses everything from Shakespeare to Wagner to Star Wars!"

"The thing that clinched it for me was just a single panel showing a warrior riding a flying dragon with computer controls built into the saddle and a free-floating heads-up display in front of him. It was so cool," explained Edginton. "And now I want to move things one step further. Broaden the canvas. After all, how do two conflicted realms act when they're faced by a massive mutual threat? Is my enemy's enemy my friend...or still my enemy?"

"SCION mixes science fiction and medieval culture, two subjects I've always been fond of," echoed Ross. "I'm deeply grateful to be joining the team behind one of CrossGen's premiere titles. I also admire the wonderful work of inker John Dell and colorist Jason Keith, and I'm sure that we'll create lots of wild visuals in SCION!"

"Joining CrossGen gives me the opportunity to have closer communication with the team ultimately responsible for the book, which is an opportunity I've craved since I started working in comics," continued Ross. "I love the pleasant attitude inside CrossGen Studios. Especially for someone who's used to working alone at home, it's very exciting to be in a place where everyone talks the same 'comic book' language!"

SCION #39, on sale August 20th, will be the final issue by the original creative team of writer Ron Marz and penciler Jim Cheung. As a special "farewell" to their fans, this issue will offer a revealing tour of Avalon with all double-page spreads, presented in the classic "Prince Valiant" comic strip style.

"Now that I'm taking on additional responsibilities for CrossGen--as well as developing new projects to write--something had to give. With Jim also shifting to new undertakings, it only seemed fitting that after three years we ride off into the sunset together," explained Marz. "Readers are going to see Ian nurturing some of the seeds we've planted, as well as adding some great new elements. As with SOJOURN, the work he's turned in thus far has already proven that he's the right guy to take the reins on SCION."

"I had a blast working on SCION with so many talented creators," said Cheung. "I've always wanted to draw a fantasy adventure, and SCION gave me the rare opportunity to help build one from the ground floor up. Now Luke gets to expand the blueprints."

"So what will be my next CrossGen project?" Cheung asked. "Things are cooking, so stay tuned! In the meantime, it's going to be fun seeing whether the Heron and Raven kingdoms can stop fighting long enough to survive an attack by the robotic Tigris empire!"

SCION #40, a 32-page "Key Issue" on sale September 17th, will be available for order in the July 2003 issue of Diamond Comics Distributors' Previews catalog.

----------------------

Oh nein. Ich hatte es befürchtet. Jim verläßt SCION...

Ich bin sicherlich gespannt, was mein absoluter Lieblingszeichner als nächstes für CG machen wird, aber für SCION ist das ein schlimmer Verlust. Ich hoffe sehr, daß Ross das hinkriegt.

Moderator Avatar von LeGuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.glasshousegraphics.com/Cr...Ross/index.htm
    Sieht ganz gut aus. Und so richtig enttäuscht hat bei CG bisher noch keiner der (regulären) Zeichner (außer vielleicht die Lais bei Sigil). Ross hat wohl auch schon einige Fill-In-Jobs bei CG gemacht (WOTR 9 und 14, Sojourn 21, Negation 17, Meridian 38

Mitglied Avatar von Boron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ich hoffe nur, dass begonnene Storylines nicht einfach so in der Luft hängen gelassen werden, wie z.B.

das Verschwinden von King Dane und der Angriff von Tigris, der jetzt bevor zu stehen scheint

... also warten wir einfach Mal ab..
    "Tiny lives. All those lights, in windows. Look through the Glass, and all you see... are tiny lives." [Javier in 100 Bullets 41]

Mitglied Avatar von Obregon Kaine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    das ist echt ein herber Verlust !
    Cheung hatte der Serie die gewisse Note verpaßt.
    Aber ich bin froh daß Fern nicht regulär zeichnet.

Moderator Avatar von LeGuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eigentlich sind die ganz schön clever bei CG.
    Neue Leute setzen sie an etablierte Serien, die meisten Leser werden dabeibleiben.
    Die neuen Serien starten dann aber mit Creative Teams, die man schon kennt. So zieht man dann gleich alle Fans der Autoren / Zeichner mit rüber zur neuen Serie.
    Bin gespannt, was Cheung und McNiven demnächst zeichnen werden. Alessi hat ja schon was von einer neuen Fantasy-Serie zwischen Wizard of Oz und Harry Potter gemunkelt, aber dafür haben sie angeblich einen bekannten Zeichner, der nach 10 Jahren Pause zurückkehrt. Als Autor tippe ich da mal auf Ron Marz, denn der wird ja jetzt bei Sojourn und Scion entlastet.
    Wird bestimmt alles in San Diego enthüllt werden ...

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Northstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die letzte Jim Chenug / Ron Marz Ausgabe ist ja # 39, die etwas andere Scion Nummer, nämlich ein Tribut an Hal Foster & seinen Prinz Eisenherz. Alles dazu mit absolut geilen Preview Bildern hier: http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=4978

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Mann, ist das geil. Dafür sei ihnen Jim Fern vergeben.

Mitglied Avatar von Boron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn.. das sieht ja wirklich genial aus. Ich hoffe, dass wir bis dahin zumindest die alte Veröffentlichungsweise haben und nicht noch 2 Wochen hinterherhinken... sieht jedenfalls sehr genial aus.
    "Tiny lives. All those lights, in windows. Look through the Glass, and all you see... are tiny lives." [Javier in 100 Bullets 41]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ausführliches Interview mit Marz über das Ende seiner Zeit bei SCION:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/pulse...6%26t%3D001337

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Northstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Und wieder ein Blick in die # 39 mit passenden Worten von Ron Marz zu seinem Scion Run: http://www.comixfan.com/xfan/forums/...threadid=22119

Mitglied Avatar von Obregon Kaine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im Dorf munkelt man von Cheung bei den Avengers.