Hier gibt´s eine Karte der Fünf Lande:

http://www.popcultureshock.com/previ...hp?id=1825&p=1

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Ralph Kruhm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Press Release

For less than it costs to get past most tollbooths, you can journey with Arwyn, one of the most gorgeous--and toughest--heroes in comics today. Celebrating the beginning of a new story arc--and the debut of new writer Ian Edginton--CrossGen Entertainment is slashing the cost of SOJOURN #25, on sale July 30th, to only $1.00.
    SOJOURN, featuring the critically-acclaimed art of penciler Greg Land, inker Jay Leisten, and colorist Justin Ponsor, tells the story of Arwyn, a beautiful but haunted archer seeking revenge for the murder of her family. Joined by a one-eyed scoundrel named Gareth and her trusty dog Kreeg, the vengeful warrior hunts for the shattered weapon that can bring down Mordath, the ruthless despot who has devastated her world. Issue #25 of the high fantasy series opens as

Arwyn, captured by Mordath's bloodthirsty soldiers, must consider seeking aid from Bohr, the determined but noble troll captain charged with capturing Arwyn herself! Surrounded and outnumbered, the former foes will have to fight together… or die together!

It's this sort of compelling drama, refreshing subject matter, and wide-open storytelling possibilities that drew Edginton (2000 A.D., X-Force) to jump onboard.

“I’ve always fancied writing a real, blood and thunder, sword and sorcery yarn, but opportunities in comics seemed to be pretty thin, which is odd when you consider how massive interest is in Lord of the Rings and a certain Mister Potter,” stated Edginton. “You can throw a stick and hit any number of re-vamps and re-takes on various superheroes, but other than that there’s not a broadsword or sweaty sandal in sight!”

“So when the call came from CrossGen asking if I’d be interested in taking a run at SOJOURN, it wasn’t an opportunity to be missed,” Edginton continued. “In the past, I’ve written Conan the Barbarian for Marvel and had a whale of a time writing Xena: Warrior Princess for Dark Horse, but SOJOURN is something fresh, cut from whole cloth. There’s the potential to create something new without being constrained by decades of back story or TV continuity.”

“I think this sort of freedom is what attracted me to working at CrossGen on the whole,” explained Edginton. “I’d known about them for some time, so when the call came, I went and grazed through a selection of their titles and was impressed by their range and diversity. They have an enthusiasm and freshness that really appeals to me; there is a sense of being able to do something different here. Creativity isn’t considered a commodity, it’s actually the cornerstone of CrossGen’s business philosophy.”

Current SOJOURN writer Ron Marz helped lead the team that selected Edginton to take over the acclaimed title. Marz, taking on additional editorial duties and upcoming projects, will end his run on the series he helped launch over two years ago.

"It’s always hard when you walk away from a series, particularly when you’ve been there from the first issue and helped build it piece by piece,” said Marz. “It’s a little like putting up your child for adoption. In this case, though, at least I know ’my child’ is going to a really good home. I’m a fan of Ian’s work, especially Kingdom of the Wicked and Scarlet Traces, which hasn’t seen print in America yet."

"I felt like Ian was the right guy to take over, and once we got down to talking about specifics, I was sure he was the right guy,” explained Marz. “The stuff he’s planning remains true to the spirit of SOJOURN and follows the direction we’d envisioned from the beginning, but also adds some terrific elements that, frankly, I’m mad at myself for not thinking of. Greg and the boys are going to have some great stuff to sink their teeth into, and now I’m really looking forward to being a reader and following Arwyn and Gareth's adventures."

“After speaking with Ian, I have to say that I am impressed-and I know that readers will be as well,” stated artist Greg Land. “Jay Leisten, Justin Ponsor and I all sat down at length with Ian, and terrific ideas were flying. We feel that we've only uncovered parts of the Five Lands, with many more interesting-and, quite frankly-spectacular creatures and adventures to come. Get ready folks, and keep your arms and legs in the car at all time, ‘cause this ride is getting ready to roll!”

SOJOURN #25, a 32-page full-color comic book, will be available for order through the April issue of Diamond Comics Distributors' Previews catalog.

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Northstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron war/ist zwar ein sehr guter Schreiberling, aber Ian ist genauso gut, von daher also kein Verlust für die Serie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interview mit Bill Rosemann zu Sojourn #25, inkl. Preview-Artwork:

http://www.newsarama.com/cgi-bin/ubb...=2;t=000282;p=

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Northstar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron Marz über seine lange Zeit bei Sojourn & wie es sich anfühlt, die Serie nun in andere Hände zu geben:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...375#post106375

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sehr ausführliches Interview mit Justin Ponsor und Jay Leisten:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=2874

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Und hier der zweite Teil mit Greg Land:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=2884

Klugscheissender SysOp Avatar von Clint Barton
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Wizard #148 heisst es, daß das Sojourn eingestellt wird - laut dem CGE-Board stimmt dies jedoch nicht! (für den Fall, daß hier jetzt jemand Panik kriegt)
    Meine SAMMLUNGEN: [ Comics || Bücher || Filme/Serien || Musik || Video Games ]
    || [ comicbookdb.com ] ||
    Meine ebay-Angebote || [ comicshop.de ] ||

Mitglied Avatar von Boron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laut Wizard 148 gibt es sowieso einige Aussagen, die nicht mehr so ganz zutreffen
    "Tiny lives. All those lights, in windows. Look through the Glass, and all you see... are tiny lives." [Javier in 100 Bullets 41]

Mitglied Avatar von Obregon Kaine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ist Sojourn nicht die dickste Kuh CrossGens?
    Eine Einstellung ist sehr unwahrscheinlich!

Mitglied Avatar von Moodswings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    das neue Cover sieht wiedermal umwerfend