Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Io Sakisaka [Mangaka]

Name: Sakisaka Io [jp. 咲坂伊緒]
    Geburtsort: Tōkyō, Japan
    Sternzeichen: Zwillinge
    Geburtstag: 8. Juni
    Blutgruppe: B

Io Sakisaka zeichnet seit Anfang der 2000er Jahre als professionelle Mangaka (hauptsächlich für das Betsuma-Magazin). Ihr Debüt machte sie mit dem Werk Sakura, Chiru, welches 1999 im Deluxe-Margaret-Magazin erschien. In einem Interview gab sie an, im Alter von 24 Jahren mit dem Manga-Zeichnen angefangen zu haben. In ihrer Freizeit schläft sie am liebsten oder malt und zeichnet gerne.

• WERKE:

Shūeisha (Tankōbon), Margaret Comics:
    CALL MY NAME (25.5.2001)
    - CALL MY NAME 
    - Tōmei no Yume wo Miteru (透明の夢をみてる)
    - Pink ni Naritai. (ピンクになりたい。)
    - 「Suki」Nante Iwanai (「好き」なんて言わない)
    - Ai no Aru Fūkei (愛のある風景)
    Leseprobe zu CALL MY NAME

Bye-Bye, Little (バイバイ、リトル, 25.1.2002)
    - Bye-Bye, Little (バイバイ、リトル, 5. 2001, Deluxe MargaretC
    - Koi to Baka to Watashi (恋と馬鹿と私, 12. 2001, Bessatsu Margaret)
    - Watashi no Mune wa Chiri-chiri to (私の胸はチリチリと)
    - TOO YOUNG
    Leseprobe zu Bye-Bye, Little

Watashi no Koibito (私の恋人, 2002-2003, 2 Bände)
    1. 25.10.2002
    2. 25.4.2003
    - Nibanme ni Saku Hana (二番目に咲く花)
    - Kataomoi (片想い)
    Leseprobe zu Watashi no Koibito

Kimi Bakkari no Sekai (君ばっかりの世界, 25.8.2004)
    - Kimi Bakkari no Sekai (君ばっかりの世界, 5.2004, Deluxe Margaret)
    - Pika-Pika Orange (ピカピカオレンジ, 1.2004, Deluxe Margaret)
    - Onnanoko. Otokonoko. (女の子。男の子。, 6.2003, Bessatsu Margaret)
    - Otokonoko. Onnanoko. (男の子。女の子。, 9.2003, Deluxe Margaret)
    Leseprobe zu Kimi Bakkari no Sekai

GATE OF PLANET (22.12.2005)
    - GATE OF PLANET (7.2004, Bessatsu Margaret)
    - Koishizuku (恋雫, 1. 2005, Deluxe Margaret)
    - Ashita Miru Yume (明日みる夢, 1.2005, Deluxe Margaret)
    - NEXT WORLD (3.2005, Bessatsu Margaret)
    Leseprobe zu GATE OF PLANET

Blue (24.11.2006, Bessatsu Margaret, 4-7.2006)

Leseprobe zu Blue

Mascara Blues (25.6.2007)

- Mascara Blues (マスカラ ブルース, 11.2005, Deluxe Margaret)
    - Romance no Rinkaku (ロマンスの輪郭, 1.2007, Deluxe Margaret)
    - Watashi ga Watashi de Aru Tame ni – Nagai Yume – (私が私であるために―長い夢―, 11.2006, Deluxe Margaret)
    Leseprobe zu Mascara Blues

Strobe ・Edge [Strobe Edge] (ストロボ・エッジ, 2007-2010, Bessatsu Margaret, 10 Bände)

Leseprobe zu Strobe ・Edge

Aoharaido [Ao Haru Ride bzw. Blue Spring Ride] (アオハライド, 2011-2015, Bessatsu Margaret, 13 Bände)

Leseprobe zu Aoharaido

Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare [Miracles of Love] (思い、思われ、ふり、ふられ, seit 2015, Bessatsu Margaret, bisher zwei Bände)

Trailer: 1, 2, 3
    Leseprobe zu Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare

Shūeisha Bunko (Bunkōban):
    Sakisaka Io Ren’ai Joshi Tanpenshū: Kimi Bakkari no Sekai (咲坂伊緒 恋愛女子短編集 君ばっかりの世界, 19.8.2014)
    - Kimi Bakkari no Sekai
    - GATE NO PLANET
    - Koi Shizuku
    - Ashita Miru Yume
    - Pika-Pika Orange
    - Koi to Baka to Watashi

Sakisaka Io Ren’ai Joshi Tanpenshū II: Mascara Blues (咲坂伊緒 恋愛女子短編集Ⅱ マスカラ ブルース, 18.2.2016)
    - Mascara Blues
    - Romance no Rinkaku
    - Watashi ga Watashi de Aru Tame ni – Nagai Yume –
    - NEXT WORLD
    - Bye-Bye, Little.

Artbook:
    Sakisaka Io Illustrastions Aoharaido & StrobeEdge (咲坂伊緒イラストレーションズ アオハライド&ストロボ・エッジ, 25.5.2015)

Sonstiges:
    HAL (ハル, Anime-Film, 2013, WIT STUDIO, Inc., zuständig für das Charakter-Design)
    Trailer zu HAL

Nicht in einem Sammelband erschienene One-Shots:
    Sakura, Chiru (サクラ、チル, 11.1999, Deluxe Margaret)
    Oboreru Shōnen (溺れる少年, 2004, Bessatsu Margaret)
    Ore Ride!! (俺ライド!!, 2013, Crossover Special, Bessatsu Margaret)

• ADAPTIONEN:

Light Novels:
    Strobe ・ Edge (ストロボ・エッジ, Abe Akiko, seit 1.9.2010, Cobalt Bunko, Shūeisha, vier Bände)
    Aoharaido (アオハライド, Abe Akiko, seit 27.11.2011, Cobalt Bunko, Shūeisha, bisher sechs Bände)
    Strobe ・ Edge Movie Novelize (ストロボ・エッジ 映画ノベライズ, Shimokawa Kanae, Kuwamura Sayaka, 20-2.2015, Shūeisha Orange Bunko)

Anime-Fernsehserie:
    Aoharaido (アオハライド, 9.7 - 24.11.2014, Production I.G)
    Trailer zum Anime Aoharaido

Realfilme:
    Strobe ・ Edge (ストロボ・エッジ, 14.3.2015, Tōhō K.K.)
    Trailer zum Realfilm Strobe ・ Edge
    Aoharaido (アオハライド, 13.12.2014,Tōhō K.K.)
    Trailer zum Realfilm Aoharaido

• WERBUNG:

Betsuma & Aoharaido (別マ&アオハライド 1, 2)
    Nissin Cup Noodles (日清カップヌードル)

• MODE:

Aoharaido×earth music&ecology (アオハライド×earth music&ecology)

• SOCIAL MEDIA:

Twitter
    Instagram

• INTERVIEWS:

Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (dt. diese Manga sind der Hit!)
    Lamunetty, von der die Übersetzung stammt, hat ihren Blog leider Gottes gelöscht, somit kann ich nicht mehr direkt auf ihre Seite verlinken. Deshalb hier nur eine verkürzte Version ohne Bilder, Bilderunterschriften, Übersetzungen der Sprechblasen etc.

Interview with Ao Haru Ride’s Sakisaka Io: Unstoppable heartbeat! Adults who can’t forget youth ride on it!! (from Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Sep. 19, 2014) [http://konomanga.jp/interview/11391-2]

Futaba is a first-year high school student who can’t forget her first love, “Tanaka-kun.” For the first time in three years, she reunites with him, and his last name, voice, and atmosphere had completely changed. Will they be unable to go back to the good old times? First love, failed love, friendship… a coming-of-age love story that rules all, bringing along the sour-sweet heart-wrenching from high school times, Ao Haru Ride. It’s not only popular with girls in their teens, but has also captured the hearts of adult women in their 20s and 30s, a direct impact on Io Sakisaka, the creator of a work that has gotten extreme attention and has printed more than the cumulative total of 7,500,000 copies of the comic.

Sakisaka Io

Born in Tokyo. Debuted with Sakura, Chiru (Bessatsu Margaret, Shueisha). Along with her most known work, Strobe Edge (Shueisha), Ao Haru Ride, a widely acclaimed series running in Bessatsu Margaret, ranked into Kono Manga ga Sugoi 2014 (This Comic is Amazing 2014). Strobe Edge has a live-action film that is scheduled to open in theaters on March 2015, and Ao Haru Ride was adapted into an animated series in July 2014. Furthermore, in December, a live-action film is preparing to open in theaters.
    Twitter: @sakisaka10

it’s packed with various emotions that people can feel as teenagers. To be precise, it’s with the things that hit home in our teenage memories… and after also, the many things that we yearn for and think of these kinds of experiences we wanted to try out growing up!

Sakisaka: Generally speaking, I wanted to draw something with all my strength that resembles “the youth”, with romance as the main. My previous work, Strobe Edge (Shueisha) [note 1] was the same, so with Ao Haru Ride, I thought of trying to step on and draw the real intentions of people even more.

— There are loads of people who have responded with, “That’s happened!” about relationships between friends of the same gender. For example, when Futaba first entered high school, she played the character who seemed like a slob so that things would go well with the girls.

Sakisaka: I’ve had an experience close to that myself. In a group I was in, I was unconsciously playing something that seemed like a role among them. But, there was a time when I suddenly realized it and went, “Who am I?” and I had a moment where I came to my senses. The sense of freedom from when I met up with my friends who stuck with the way I had been originally, without creating an identity, was amazing.

— As a result, Futaba stopped creating an identity, and also left her group… but thanks to that, she was able to have new friends in Yuuri and Shuuko.

Sakisaka: Yuuri’s a person who makes it clear that she does what she wants to do one way or another, so with that point I don’t think there would be any conflict that may come up. Shuuko… in this creation, she’s the person who’s most like a stereotypical “manga character”, so I think she’ll be fine with anything they do. To me, she’s a kind character (laughs).

— The type of girls that Yuuri and Shuuko are different, but what they have in common is that they’ve grasped what it means to be themselves. Therefore, Futaba became friendly with them when she stopped lying about herself, I suppose.

Sakisaka: For creating an identity, I think that pretty much everyone has done it, so in order to make people think, “I understand how Futaba feels”, I consciously draw realistically regarding Futaba for people to learn as much as possible from her mask of emotions.

— We’ve been exchanging conversation for quite a bit, just about the portrayal that makes people think, “So, high school life was like that!” Why draw high school students this fresh and vibrant?

Sakisaka: Hearing you say that makes me happy! It might be because people remember those memories you were talking about from their high school years, including the parts where they were the most sensitive, relative to the fine details.

— In Ao Haru Ride, regarding topics like self, others, quite a bit of brief comments, actions, etc., there are many scenes where people are deeply wondering, “Why did I say that?” That feels teenage again.

Sakisaka: There isn’t a special reason I’m aware of… but, if I were to clarify just one reason, it could be because the feelings of wanting to understand are strong to myself?

— What did you want the readers to feel when you were drawing this story?
    Sakisaka: I want them to feel that you won’t want it to end if you’re only waiting for things to happen. It seems ridiculous, but I thought… it’d be great if I could give anyone a push from behind.

Sakisaka: I want them to feel that you won’t want it to end if you’re only waiting for things to happen. It seems ridiculous, but I thought… it’d be great if I could give anyone a push from behind.

— That’s certainly the theme of Ao Haru Ride. In middle school, Futaba became conscious of Kou, yet Kou suddenly changed schools and moved away. Depicted in chapter 1, the feelings of taking initiative rather than waiting for nothing to happen, which sprouted in Futaba, pierced her heart at once.

[Seite 2]

— In the latest vol. 11, Kou and Touma mutually declared war and are rushing into a battle surrounding Futaba. What kind of impressions did you gather from the readers?

Sakisaka: Kou’s counterattack has finally started… since vol. 6, Team Kou’s method of watching over quietly has started to get loud all at once. Team Touma seems to be getting tense. There are some who brought attention to the idea that dating Touma is healthier (laughs).

— “Healthy” is a word that fits perfectly (laughs). For yourself, between Kou and Touma, which one is your type?

Sakisaka: My type would be Kou, I think? The kind of person who holds only me dear is nice. For Touma, in the beginning, I thought, “It’d be better if you were more corrupt”, and… recently his not-so-stylish parts coming out onto the table give off a good feeling!

lamunetty notes: Before anyone reads too much into this, no, Sakisaka doesn’t hate Touma. The implication of her mentioning how great it is that Touma is “corrupt” (or “dirty”, if you want to go with the literal meaning) means that she likes how Touma is showing his flaws because he seems more realistic and personable.

— With Kou’s cool appearance, there are quite a bit of moments where his natural cuteness and brattiness we can see that is irresistibly attractive! Is there a model you based his image off of?

Sakisaka: There’s no specific model for him. I thought about his looks while looking through a hairstyle catalogue. As for his personality, there’s a bit of childishness left in him, but he’s the kind of character who doesn’t notice that himself. Now, he’s arrived at the level where he himself accepts that.

— Futaba’s presence must have been big for him to come to admitting that.

Sakisaka: In vol. 4 (ch. 13), Kou’s past was made clear, so I liked the scene with Kou and Futaba at the riverbed very much. Futaba is moving like a protagonist. Also, since there’s a group of people who want to see a boy’s weak points…

— Amidst Kou talking to Futaba, he’s awakened from being trapped in his past, and the scene where he shed tears from his sealed-off emotions pouring out was impressive.

Sakisaka: Speaking of Touma, in order to just be able to make him contrast from Kou in terms of visuals, I kept in mind to make him give off a cute vibe. However, I’m aware that a gap has come out between what he’s like on the inside and his appearance.

— With Touma’s gentlemanly nature, you’d have to think he’s a mild-mannered character, yet when he’s active in his band he can be manlier, and he can be bold without reservation.

[Seite 3]

— I’ve always felt that there are a lot of wise sayings and philosophy about love in Ao Haru Ride. For example, in vol. 5, there’s “Gradually, our words and mannerisms that seem just one millimeter apart are slowly getting through to each other. Would it be considered a good thing to be in this excited of a mood?”… I feel that it’s a wise saying that describes the heart-throbbing maelstrom of romantic development!

Sakisaka: To feel these kinds of feelings is, I feel, the most enjoyable moment of romance. These are definitely feelings that made me feel empathy, which I trusted and drew.

— Futaba’s been holding those kinds of thoughts about them being one millimeter apart for a long time. Even when she started dating Touma, the fact that her feelings sway towards Kou shows that the thoughts from that time are still rooted deep in her heart. The scene where Futaba and Kou saw the shooting star together in vol. 10 depicts those feelings.

Sakisaka: With that episode, I drew Futaba’s delicate state of mind in my style, didn’t I? … It left an impression.

— And it’s your call… but if we were to talk about one of Kou’s best scenes where he’s cool, it’d be the scene where he tells Futaba, “If you don’t want it, then run away” before they kiss. From his face at the decisive moment to his decisive masculinity, it gives us the feels!

Sakisaka: Perhaps I should say that this confident line that comes afterwards, “If you want it~”, and the expression that matches the line is earnest, and I drew while thinking Kou should reveal his nature rooted in him. I feel that I drew him with a pleading look.

— Again, Narumi-san, a powerful rival who continues to have feelings for Kou, is a marvelously done character while being an enemy. I feel the scene where she faces Futaba and declares, “Even if it’s out of sympathy, it’s okay. I want Kou-chan” makes her appearance look good.

Sakisaka: I drew Narumi-san with the image of a “very honest person.” She’s the most human, and became a person I couldn’t personally hate. In that scene, Futaba seemed to be at loss for words. Because I was drawing with the feelings that I wanted to destroy the part of Futaba still saying empty but pretty words, because I decided to not let her be anything but straightforward to Narumi… but it became a lot of bitter feelings.

— Futaba has changed a lot. While going out with Touma, she voices her questions clearly, and I was struck by her attitude to face her partner. “But I think it’s weird that I’m going out with you pretending I don’t see reality” is a line people won’t say.

Sakisaka: It might be because the person she’s dating is pretending not to see, and to Futaba he most likely wouldn’t be able to do it, so I think that Futaba had no choice but to do that. I think it’s something Futaba would say.

Interview conducted by: Kozue Aou

[note 1] A romance comic that ran in Bessatsu Margaret (Shueisha) from the July 2007 issue to the September 2010 issue. One of Io Sakisaka’s masterpieces. In 2015, a live-action film will open in theaters (starring Kasumi Arimura, directed by Ryuichi Hiroki).

Interview with Ao Haru Ride’s Sakisaka Io: Even up to this point, from now on, she’ll continue to draw romance comics (from Kono Manga ga Sugoi! Sep. 26, 2014) [http://konomanga.jp/interview/11595-2]

Fans of Ao Haru Ride have continued to increase even more with the animated and film adaptations. For the romance comic that makes many readers’ hearts beat, how will they give birth to them? Furthermore, we’ll see some light shed on the unexpected reality of the occurring kisses that appeared in the comic! The second part to the must-read interview will now start!

— This year, with the animated [note 1] and film [note 2] adaptations, has become the year where the world of Ao Haru Ride has expanded. For the anime, what kinds of emotions did you have when you could see the characters move and talk?

Sakisaka: I was just so happy I cried! I was moved at the splendor of the characters I created moving, and my characters having voices attached to them was fresh and felt three-dimensional!

— When the series was adapted into an animated series, did you make any previous requests?
    Sakisaka: I wanted the contours to be soft, and I asked to have the voice acting to to be intertwined with a fresh, raw performance.

Sakisaka: I wanted the contours to be soft, and I asked to have the voice acting to to be intertwined with a fresh, raw performance.

— The voices totally fit the image perfectly, didn’t they?

Sakisaka: Yes! The voice actors fit the image of my characters perfectly, yet, the performances exceeded far from what I had imagined them to be, and I can’t help but feel grateful. It’s not only the story, but I also love the opening (“Sekai ha Koi ni Ochiteiru”, CHiCO with HoneyWorks) and the ending songs (“Blue”, Fujifabric)… I thought that from the bottom of my heart, and I felt that I was so lucky.

— How will you do that?

Sakisaka: That’s true. So that I wouldn’t think, “The anime is interesting, and the original comic is boring”, I would brace myself more than ever. After that, I think the impact of anime is what what increased the influence from boys… it’s a little surprising, but I am very happy.

lamunetty notes: It looks like the question is cut off so that’s why it sounds like there’s no context.

— Looking back on the animated adaptation, what kind of strong feelings did you have?

Sakisaka: There was a great number of people affected by the setting of the anime… I felt the trouble of creating one thing with many people over again. But for that very reason, there was a feeling of excitement in the chemical reaction that occurred.

— Again, this December, we’re getting prepared for the live-action Ao Haru Ride movie to open in theaters. We’re fired up about things like the never-before-seen illustrated notebook bonus from advance ticket sales, and information about the event in honor of the film coming out.

Sakisaka: Since I’ve loved Tsubasa Honda [note 3] from the start, the moment I discovered she would play the role of Futaba, I was so happy. Because Kou’s a character who’s complicated on the inside, I think he’d be hard to play, so when I knew that Masahiro Higashide [note 4] is playing him, I felt at ease.

— What do you expect from the Ao Haru Ride movie?

Sakisaka: I’m very much looking forward to how the movie’s characteristic feeling of the atmosphere, the colors, and the composition, will be. Because it’s played out by actors in the flesh… I feel that I want the rawness to be skillfully done.

[Seite 2]

— Sakisaka-sensei, when did you actually start drawing comics? What kind of story did you draw?

Sakisaka: The first comic I drew was when I first got employed. With the goal of submitting. Now, I’ve been doing comics for girls ever since.

— What were you like as a middle to high school student? How much moments of “youth” did you have?

Sakisaka: I was a person who was shy, but once I’d get used to you, I’d become shameless. When I was in high school, I thought, “I’ll get wild with many of my friends and not fall in love”, so I decided not to enter any clubs.

— It’s as if your work has the feeling it has situations that carry out in real life, doesn’t it? The title of Ao Haru Ride is made up from the words “youth (ao haru) + ride (noru)”, so what are the factors that you think that “youth” is firm on?

Sakisaka: Love, failure, working to your utmost effort, blindness… I guess.

— In the comic, is there a scene you’ve experienced from your days growing up?

Sakisaka: Kou and Futaba’s “accidental kiss.”

— What?! Did that really happen, when you turn to face someone and kiss by chance…?

Sakisaka: That did happen. Getting such a clean hit… (laughs). I remember feeling in half-admiration, like, something like this really happened~

— Do you have thoughts like, “I wanted to experience this sort of part growing up”? Please tell me about the scenes that you’ve already drawn in Ao Haru Ride, and also the youth scenes that you want to try drawing from now on.

Sakisaka: I’ve admired a kiss in a classroom after school. While it’s too bad I haven’t had this experience, I thought it would be nice if I put it into a drawing, so I tried to draw it. I had fun drawing it after all!

— Did you read a lot of comics? Were you raised on comics for girls nonetheless?

Sakisaka: Yes. The one comic that got me into it from the beginning was Tokimeki Tonight (Koi Ikeno) [note 5]… when I was in elementary school. As for comic artists, the ones I feel I was influenced by are Ryo Ikuemi [note 6], Kazune Kawahara [note 7], Saho Fuyuno [note 8], Junko Kawakami [note 9]… and some others.

lamunetty notes: Makabe is the love interest in the story. Also, the cover of this book is the latest reprint of the series.

— How do you think of yourself as a comic artist?

Sakisaka: Regarding my work, I take it very seriously… since I became a comic artist, I’ve had times where I’ve discovered things like, “These sorts of things happened to me too.” The feelings I’ve had from my debut, where I won’t draw only the things I like, haven’t changed.

— From now on, do you have any type of works you want to try to challenge?

Sakisaka: Someday, I want to try drawing romance that’s a bit more mature. Things that are more and more painful realistically.

— Wow… I’d so want to read that!! If you drew a mature romance with your use of human psychology and sharp observations of behavior, that comic would turn out very deep.
    How do you feel about Ao Haru Ride ranking in at #17 in the female readers section of Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2014?

Sakisaka: I’ll work hard more and more. Thank you very much!

— Ao Haru Ride has become your longest work, surpassing your previous work, Strobe Edge, at 10 volumes. Please tell us what we should look out for from now on in it.

Sakisaka: I would like you to look for the end of the school trip to Nagasaki, where Kou has gotten over everything, and how Touma will fight back to Kou’s counterattack.

— Now, as closing, please give a message to the readers.

Sakisaka: Ao Haru Ride is the ruling romance comic, therefore, I intended to carefully draw the subtleties of the heart, so I want you to enjoy the tremor of delicate feelings. I’m really happy to get an empathetic response on what I draw and interesting things people have told me. Thank you for your support!

Interview conducted by: Kozue Aou

[note 1] The Ao Haru Ride TV animated series was broadcasted from July 2014 to September 2014 on TOKYO MX, MBS, BS11, and some others. The protagonists, Futaba Yoshioka and Kou Mabuchi, are played by Maaya Uchida and Yuki Kaji, who Sakisaka-sensei highly approves of. The official site is aoha-anime.com.

[note 2] The movie Ao Haru Ride opens in theaters in December 2014. Tsubasa Honda and Masahiro Higashide, who play the roles of Futaba Yoshioka and Kou Mabuchi, are popular, distinctive mature young actors with true ability promoted as a hot topic. The official website is www.aoha-movie.com

[note 3] An in-demand, super popular young actress who’s also a model. After debuting as an exclusive model for the fashion magazine Seventeen, she’s obtained tremendous popularity as an active exclusive model for Love Berry and non-no. After that, she’s not active in just modeling, but also as a media personality and an actress, and has also performed in numerous television dramas and movies.

[note 4] An actor and model. In high school, he debuted as the winner of the grand prix of the Men’s non-no exclusive model audition, and appeared in the Paris Collection as the active forefront. In 2012, he debuted as an actor in the movie The Kirishima Thing. While this was his debut work, his presence and acting ability were highly appreciated and gained attention. Furthermore, he appeared in both seasons of NHK’s morning television shorts, Amachan and Gochisousan, and achieved his big break in one fell swoop. From here on, he is scheduled to appear in top billing in Ao Haru Ride.

[note 5] A big hit and a romance fantasy by Koi Ikeno. It ran from 1982 to 1994 in Ribon (Shueisha), and in 1982, it was adapted into an animated series that also become a bit hit. With Ranze Eto as the main character in the first part, Narumi Ichihashi in the second part, and Aira Makabe in the third part, becoming three parts with three heroines from different generations holding special abilities. In 2013, a new, never-before-seen prequel, Tokimeki Tonight: The Circumstances of Shun Makabe (Shueisha) become a big topic when it went on sale and ranked in at #2 in Kono Manga ga Sugoi 2014, female readers section.

[note 6] A female comic artist. She’s best known for Barairo no Ashita and Kiyoku Yawaku. Kiyoku Yawaku was adapted into a live-action movie in 2013 starring Masami Nagasawa and Masaki Okada.

[note 7] A female comic artist. She’s best known for Sensei! and High School Debut. High School Debut was a mega hit and sold more than the cumulative total of 6,000,000 copies of the comic, and in 2011, it was adapted into a live-action movie starring Junpei Mizobata and Ito Ohno.

[note 8] A female comic artist. An illustrator. With her stylish designs and unique panel layouts, she’s gained core popularity. Currently, she’s mainly active as an illustrator. In addition, her husband is Taiyou Matsumoto, who is a comic artist just like her.

[note 9] A female comic artist. Her 4-panel comic, Paripari Densetsu, is currently being serialized in Feel Young (Shodensha), Choujo dakara tte. in the appendix of the synthesized literary magazine Da Vinci (Media Factory), and Nichiyoubi ha Marche de Bonbon in Cookie (Shueisha).

Sakisaka Io Interview - Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare

Once again, thank you to mzdollmaker for providing us with content for us to translate! This time it’s Sakisaka Io (Ao Haru Ride, Strobe Edge) being interviewed for her new serialization “Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare”.

NEW SERIALIZATION “OMOI, OMOWARE, FURI, FURARE” START! Or… “Furi Fura” for short!

An interview you can enjoy before or after reading “Furi Fura”!

We asked Sakisaka Io-sensei some questions.

Q: How did you decide on the title?

I quickly searched for a phrase that you could remember easily by hearing it. The words were also part of a saying to make acne go away so I thought it was nice that it kind of had a youthful feel to it. There are 4 main characters so there were 4 words each for them and I decided on it.

Q: What was the reason for making this story?

In Ao Haru Ride, when I paired Futaba and Touma together for one time and broke them up, there were a lot of reactions to it and I thought about something. There are situations where people try dating each other and realise that it’s not right and I thought that rather than holding it in, being true to yourself was better. “One way”, I understand that kind of shoujo-manga route is a wonderful thing but that’s not the only way right? I often dreamt about Yuna who is a person that can’t move by herself, and also about the wild and free Akari. These two have different values on romance and both appear as heroines so I thought drawing a story with different sense of values on romance was nice. Up until now, I haven’t drawn a story with the real intention of showing romance so I wanted to try drawing this with feelings that I’m on the attack. There might be some parts to Akari that will surprise people.

Q: Sakisaka-sensei, are you on team Yuna? Or team Akari?

I understand both of their feelings very well and I think that I have a bit of both personalities within me. During high school, I had an Akari kind of romance and had wild friends which was very impactful. I love the honest side of Yuna and I’ve been influenced by that, but I probably can’t be active as her though…

Q: Congratulations on 15 years since your debut!

Even though 15 years have passed, it’s still frustrating at times when I can’t draw well. However, because I have these feelings, I’m able to continue. I’ve drawn with my age and experience put together, so I wanted to be able to challenge myself with something new for this serialization as well.

(Check out Sakisaka Io’s debut series “Kimi Bakkari no Sekai”)

Q: A message to our readers?

Firstly, please read this with empathy for the feelings of our heroines. “I must have this kind of romance!”, if you have thoughts like this, your chances will be slimmed, so even in reality, please love freely!

Credits:
    Raw: mzdollmaker
    Translations: beaux-mont

• ARBEITSPLATZ:

Wer Io Sakisaka schon immer mal beim Zeichnen oder Kolorieren über die Schulter schauen wollte, sollte unbedingt hier mal reinschauen.

• ERFOLG IN JAPAN:

Die Sammelbände von Strobe Edge verkauften sich jeweils über 200.000 mal. Vom letzten Band wurden 2011 350.000 Exemplare verkauft, womit er auf Platz 43 der meistverkauften Manga-Bände der ersten Jahreshälfte lag. Io Sakisakas poplulärster Manga ist zweifelsohne Aoharaido [dt. Blue Spring Ride]. Die Bände verkauften sich jeweils über 400.000 mal und gehören damit zu den 100 meistverkauften Manga-Bänden in Japan 2012. Bis zum Januar 2014 erschienen insgesamt 4,4 Millionen Exemplare. Der 13. und damit letzte Band schaffte es in der ersten Verkaufswoche mit 585.272 verkauften Einheiten auf den ersten Platz der Oricon-Charts. Gerade für Shoujo-Manga ist es alles andere als selbstverständlich, die 500.000er-Marke zu knacken. Geht man nach den Verkaufszahlen pro verkauftem Band, war Aoharaido zu dieser Zeit der wohl erfolgreichste (noch laufende) Shoujo-Manga Japans. Zum Vergleich: Kimi ni Todoke generierte mit dem 24. Band 256.302 verkaufte Einheiten in der ersten Woche. Sakisaka knüpft mit ihrem aktuellen Werk Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare an den Erfolg ihrer Vorgängerserien an. Der erste Band stieg mit 167.292 verkauften Einheiten direkt auf Platz sieben der Oricon-Chart ein.

Quellen: Wikipedia (1, 2, 3), Aniki

Welche Manga von Io Sakisaka habt ihr schon gelesen?
    Welche gefallen euch besonders gut und welche eher weniger?
    Welche hättet ihr gerne auf Deutsch?
    Wie findet ihr ihren Zeichenstil und ihr Storytelling im Allgemeinen?
    Geändert von Blaustern (17.08.2016 um 18:40 Uhr)

Weeaboo Avatar von Miss Morpheus
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    erstmal vielen Dank für das Erstellen dieses wirklich sehr ausführlichen Threads

Zitat Zitat von Blaustern Beitrag anzeigen
    Welche Manga von Io Sakisaka habt ihr schon gelesen?
    ich habe bis jetzt nur Blue Spring Ride von ihr gelesen, aber diese Reihe hat mir wirklich ausgesprochen gut gefallen Strobe Edge holen ich vielleicht irgendwann noch nach, aber irgendwie sagt mir da die Grundstory eher weniger zu.

Welche hättet ihr gerne auf Deutsch?
    Vor allem hätte ich gerne ihre neue Reihe bei uns. Gerne darf hierbei der französische Titel Love, be loved, Leave, be left verwendet werden. Das französische Cover gefällt mir auch ansich recht gut:
    Der Einzelband Mascara Blues würde mich aber auch interessieren.
    Und wenn Tokyopop das Artbook rausbringt, würde ich es mir sicherlich auch zulegen ^^

Wie findet ihr ihren Zeichenstil und ihr Storytelling im Allgemeinen?
    Den Zeichenstil ist zwar meiner Meinung nach eher detailarm, aber er passt meiner Meinung nach sehr gut zu ihrem Storytelling.
    Insgesammt finde ich es einfach ganz große Klasse, wie sie ihre Gechichten erzählt. Sie schafft es bei einem Herzklopfen zu verursachen und dieses leichte umbeschwerte, schwerzlich süße Gefühl einer Jugendliebe nahe zu bringen.
    A Centaur's Life | Boys on the Run | Bread&Butter | Blood on the Tracks | Dai-3 no Gideon | Heartbroken Chocolatier | Honto Yajuu | Ibitsu | Non non Biyori | Shimauma | Tourou no Ori | Twittering Birds never Fly | Uwasa no Midori-kun!! | Watamote | Zetman

Moderator Mangaforen Avatar von BloodyAngelSharon
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ich habe Blue Spring Ride komplett gelesen und bei Strobe Edge bin ich gerade dran.
    Ich liebe ihre Zeichnungen und die tollen Storys. Sie sind zwar nichts, was aus der Reihe tanzt oder irgendwas neues erfindet, aber so wie sie die Geschichten umsetzt fühle ich mich immer mittendrin
    Ich hätte übrigens alle Mangas von ihr
    „Wo andere blindlings der Wahrheit folgen, bedenket …“
    „…nichts ist wahr.“
    „Wo andere begrenzt sind, von Moral oder Gesetz, bedenket …“
    „…alles ist erlaubt“

Diese Manga wünsche ich mir:
    Zone-00, Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru, Persona 3, Persona 4, Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, Welcome to the Ballroom

Mitglied Avatar von Blaustern
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zitat Zitat von Miss Morpheus Beitrag anzeigen
    erstmal vielen Dank für das Erstellen dieses wirklich sehr ausführlichen Threads
    Ja, es hat mich auch eine gewisse Zeit gekostet, die ganzen Infos zusammenzutragen. Zumal die Angaben auf Baka unvollständig sind. Da hat mir die japanische Wiki-Seite zu Io Sakisaka schon sehr geholfen. Aber ich hoffe, dass sich die Mühe gelohnt hat!

Mitglied Avatar von Yamina
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ui, das ist ja ein sehr schöner, ausführlicher thread für eine tolle Mangaka! Auch von mir, Danke, Blaustern!

Ich habe natürlich Strobe Edge und Blue Spring Ride und wenn es nach mir ginge könnte TP alles von ihr bringen, auch gerne ihre älteren Titel *__*
    Das Artbook hab ich importiert, da ich eher nicht mit einer Veröffentlcihung hier rechne, und es ist absolut traumhaft und wunderwunderschön!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh ja, das Artbook ist einfach traumhaft schön! <3

Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare
    ziert das Cover des aktuellen Betsuma-Sister-Magazins (02.06):

Zudem liegt als Extra ein Furi-Fura-Wechselcover bei:

Der dritte Band erscheint übrigens am 24.6!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haben will!
    „…nichts ist wahr.“
    „…alles ist erlaubt“

Zone-00, Yahari Ore No Seishun Love Comedy Wa Machigatteiru, Persona 3, Persona 4, Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai, Welcome to the Ballroom

Mitglied Avatar von Sakuya
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Der blonde Typ sieht gut aus x3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Der blonde Typ heißt übrigens Rio. ;D

Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare auf dem Cover der aktuellen Juli-Ausgabe des Betsuma-Magazins (13.6):

Geändert von Blaustern (19.06.2016 um 19:11 Uhr)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dann gefällt mir Rio am besten x3
    Und das Cover sieht richtig schön aus

Mitglied Avatar von Kabochan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Habe Strobe Edge GELIEBT. Blue Sping Ride ist mein absoluter Lieblingsmanga. Blue habe ich auch gelesen und Furi Fura ist auch schon wieder sooooo toll 😍 Io Sakisaka hat einfach ein Händchen für bewegende Stories. 😄 Würde auch ihre neue Serie, Mascara Blues und das Artbook gerne hier sehen! 😳

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zitat Zitat von Kabo-chan Beitrag anzeigen
    Habe Strobe Edge GELIEBT. Blue Sping Ride ist mein absoluter Lieblingsmanga. Blue habe ich auch gelesen und Furi Fura ist auch schon wieder sooooo toll 😍 Io Sakisaka hat einfach ein Händchen für bewegende Stories. 😄 Würde auch ihre neue Serie, Mascara Blues und das Artbook gerne hier sehen! 😳
    Oh~, wie schön, noch jemand, der Furi Fura liest und mag! Ich finde ja, dass sich der Manga auf seine ganz eigene Art und Weise von den anderen Werken Sakisakas abhebt. Vor allem aus Kazu werde ich nicht so ganz schlau.

Das Cover des dritten Bandes zu Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare (24.6):

Auf dem offiziellen YouTube-Kanal der Betsuma findet man zudem schon das dritte PV zu Furi Fura. Wie immer als kleine Anmerkung: Wer sich die Vorfreude nicht nehmen möchte, sollte lieber nicht reinschauen.

Geändert von Blaustern (17.08.2016 um 18:41 Uhr)

Weeaboo Avatar von Miss Morpheus
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    das Cover von Band 3 sieht richtig toll aus
    hat irgendwie was melancholisch, verträumtes
    hoffentlich kündigt Tokyopop die Reihe bald an x3
    A Centaur's Life | Boys on the Run | Bread&Butter | Blood on the Tracks | Dai-3 no Gideon | Heartbroken Chocolatier | Honto Yajuu | Ibitsu | Non non Biyori | Shimauma | Tourou no Ori | Twittering Birds never Fly | Uwasa no Midori-kun!! | Watamote | Zetman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Das Cover von Band 03 gefällt mir jetzt nicht so :/

Mitglied Avatar von Kabochan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Blaustern: Ich denke, Kazu ist sich einfach noch nicht so ganz bewusst, was es mit Liebe und Beziehungen auf sich hat 😄 Er ist da vllt noch ein bisschen blauäugig und unbeschwert.

Das Cover ist wieder wunderschön! Alle drei sind so schön verträumt und irgendwie leicht 😄
    Mangawünsche:

Õoku - The Inner Chambers • Aoi Horus no Hitomi
    Gakkou Gurashi • My Love for Yamada-kun at Lv. 999 • Sakura, Saku • Innocent Rouge • MAO • Urusei Yatsura • Hatsukoi ni Oboreta • Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha • Matinee & SoireeMune ga Narunowa Kimi no Sei • Honey Lemon Soda • Falling Drowning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kabo-chan: Und genau hier wäre ich mir gar nicht mal so sicher. Die Mangaka stellt es natürlich so dar, als sei Liebe ein Fremdwort für ihn, aber viele seiner (vielleicht auch unbewussten) Aktionen und Kommentare entsprechen dem nicht so ganz. So wusste er z. B. gegen Ende des fünften Kapitels (wahrscheinlich sogar schon früher) bereits, in wen Yuna verliebt ist, noch bevor er über die Situation aufgeklärt werden konnte. Und dann gibt es da noch diese ganz andere Seite von ihm, die leicht melancholische, die auch nur vereinzelt aufflackert und zu seinem sonst recht heiteren Gemüt nicht so ganz passen will. Ich denke, Kazu ist weit aufmerksamer, als man vielleicht annehmen würde.

Habe mal ein weiteres Interview mit Sakisaka-sensei hinzugefügt (siehe oben) und die Steckbriefe der vier Protagonisten von Furi Fura übersetzt:

Yamamoto Akari (15)
    Geburtstag: 17.8.
    Sternzeichen: Löwe
    Körpergröße: 158 cm
    Blutgruppe: 0
    Körpergewicht: 42 kg
    1. Lieblingsfarbe: Rot, Schwarz
    2. Lieblingsschulfach: Englisch
    3. Schwächstes Fach: Geschichte
    4. Lieblingsessen: Nashi-Birne
    5. Unliebstes Essen: Buridaikon
    6. Hobby: Maniküre-Produkte sammeln
    7. Besonders reizvolle Stelle: Form der Nägel
    8. Lieblingsfilm: (500)Days of Summer
    9. Lieblingsmagazin: PERK
    10. Lieblingsmusiker: Sakanaction
    11. Lieblingsprominenter: Rola
    12. Liebste historische Persönlichkeit: Jeanne d‘Arc
    13. Liebstes Reiseziel: Florenz (Italien)

Ichihara Yuna (15)
    Geburtstag: 7.1.
    Sternzeichen: Steinbock
    Körpergröße: 154 cm
    Blutgruppe: A
    Körpergewicht: 44 kg
    1. Lieblingsfarbe: Zartrosa
    2. Lieblingsschulfach: Kunst
    3. Schwächstes Fach: Mathe, Chemie, Englisch, Sport
    4. Lieblingsessen: Kürbis-Salat (mit Walnuss)
    5. Unliebstes Essen: Unagi
    6. Hobby: Shōjo-Manga lesen
    7. Besonders reizvolle Stelle: gibt’s nicht
    8. Lieblingsfilm: Baymax
    9. Lieblingsmagazin: Non-no
    10. Lieblingsmusiker: Sakurako Ohara
    11. Lieblingsprominenter: Hanyū Yuzuru
    12. Liebste historische Persönlichkeit: Sakamoto Ryōma
    13. Liebstes Reiseziel: Frankreich

Yamamoto Rio (15)
    Geburtstag: 9.2.
    Sternzeichen: Wassermann
    Körpergröße: 173 cm (wächst noch weiter)
    Blutgruppe: A
    Körpergewicht: 57 kg
    1. Lieblingsfarbe: Schwarz, Weiß
    2. Lieblingsschulfach: Mathe, Englisch
    3. Schwächstes Fach: kein Besonderes
    4. Lieblingsessen: Fleisch
    5. Unliebstes Essen: Umeboshi
    6. Hobby: Shōgi
    7. Besonders reizvolle Stelle: Stimme
    8. Lieblingsfilm: Mad Max
    9. Lieblingsmagazin: Men's FUDGE
    10. Lieblingsmusiker: Tofubeats
    11. Lieblingsprominenter: Masakiyo Maezono
    12. Liebste historische Persönlichkeit: Einstein
    13. Liebstes Reiseziel: Machu Picchu

Inui Kazuomi (15)
    Geburtstag: 6.10.
    Sternzeichen: Waage
    Körüergröße: 176 cm (wächst noch weiter)
    Blutgruppe: B
    Körpergewicht: 61 kg
    1. Lieblingsfarbe: Blau, Khaki
    2. Lieblingsschulfach: Japanisch
    3. Schwächstes Fach: Englisch
    4. Lieblingsessen: Karē
    5. Unliebstes Essen: nichts Besonderes
    6. Hobby: Filmschauen bzw. Filmgenuss
    7. Besonders reizvolle Stelle: schöne, regelmäßige Zähne
    8. Lieblingsfilm: Enter the Dragon
    9. Lieblingsmagazin: Eigahihō
    10. Lieblingsmusiker: Fujii Takashi
    11. Lieblingsprominenter: Matsuko Deluxe
    12. Liebste historische Persönlichkeit: Takasugi Shinsaku
    13. Liebstes Reiseziel: kein Besonderes

Mitglied Avatar von saltcaramel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, ich konnte mir die Bände von Blue Spring Ride endlich mal abholen, welche ich mir vor einiger Zeit gebraucht gekauft habe (lagen zwischenzeitlich bei einer Freundin)
    Und ich muss sagen, der Manga ist wirklich unglaublich toll!! Bin zwar erst bei Band 7, aber ich war schon lange nicht mehr (fast) durchgehend so angespannt beim Lesen eines Shoujos >w<

Ich stürz mich jetzt wieder auf den Band, und wenn ich die durchgelesen hab, werd ich mal die anderen Werke von ihr ansehen, Sakisakas Zeichenstil find ich auch bezaubernd.
    Schade dass ich erst erst so spät auf die Mangareihe gestoßen bin, (obwohl ich kannte sie ja vorher schon etwas) - aber besser spät als nie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vom 15.7 bis zum 31.7 konnte man im Shibuya109 Purikura-Fotos mit vordefinierten Furi-Fura-Bildern verzieren. Inoue Sonoko-chan stattete dem Ganzen währenddessen einen Besuch ab:

Quelle: Twitter (1, 2, 3)
    Geändert von Blaustern (17.08.2016 um 18:53 Uhr)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Das ist aber echt eine tolle Aktion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare auf dem Cover der aktuellen November-Ausgabe des Betsuma-Magazins (13.10.):

Die Veröffentlichung des vierten Bandes ist für den 25.10. geplant.

Mitglied Avatar von Loryogi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuna
    Ein schoenes Cover :3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zitat Zitat von Loryogi Beitrag anzeigen
    Ein schoenes Cover :3
    Finde ich auch

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Es ist so süß
    „…nichts ist wahr.“
    „…alles ist erlaubt“

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Das Cover des vierten Bandes zu Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare bzw. Miracles of Love (25.10.):

Mitglied Avatar von Loryogi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Das gefällt mir auch sehr gut!
    Rio schaut so gelangweilt aus x'D

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte