Ergebnis 1 bis 11 von 11

Thema: F.a.c.t.s. 2009

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking F.a.c.t.s. 2009

FACTS (09) will take place in FLANDERS EXPO in Gent/Belgium on October 17th and 18th 2009!

Confirmed actor-guests at this moment are:

- Lou Ferrigno (Hulk, Hercules)
    - Kevin Sorbo (Hercules)
    - Marc Singer (Beastmaster, V)
    - Leah Cairns (Battlestar Galactica)

Confirmed artist-guests at this moment are:

- Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies, Cholly & Flytrap, Vampirella, Tarzan)
    - J.M. Linsner (Dawn, Killraven, Witchblade, Dark Ivory)
    - Glenn Fabry (Preacher, Authority, Neverwhere)
    - Simon Bisley (Slaine, Judge Dredd/Batman)
    - Andy Brown (inker and publisher Berserker Comics)
    - Eva Hopkins (writer/colorist Dawn, Dark Ivory)
    - Philippe Briones (Sub-Mariner, White Tiger, Order of the Dragonknights, Wanderers, X-Men Legacy)
    - Giuseppe Camuncoli (X-Infernus, Dark Wolverine)
    - CB Cebulski (Marvel Talent Scout; Drain, X-Infernus, Marvel Manga)
    - Romano Molenaar (Tenth, Zenescope Ent., STORM)
    - Minck Oosterveer (Nicky Saxx, The Unknown, STORM)
    - Jorg de Vos (STORM)
    - Fabrice Angleraud (Atlantis. Magika)

For more bio's and information: http://www.facts.be

For more online fun:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8168543038
    http://www.myspace.com/facts_convention
    http://nl.netlog.com/FACTS/
    http://twitter.com/factsconvention
    Live your dream not your history! We are the world's storytellers. We are mythmakers, the architects of legend! - Joe Q.
    ---------------------------------

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live your dream not your history! We are the world's storytellers. We are mythmakers, the architects of legend! - Joe Q.

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, as I will come to the convention for the very first time, I have some logistical questions, perhaps you can help me out. Many thanks in advance!

1. Arstis alley - where?
    Do all comic artists sit in this alley or is there a podium for their signings? Where would I find this, usually one can not spend a lot of time searching for it as queues get long fast.

2. When
    I have an early bird ticket - does it make sense to go straight to the alley, are all artists suppose to be there (all besides any drunk Irish artist) at 10h? If not, are there signs when they are there?

3. $
    I notice that on the FACTS site you posted some costs. Are these for sketches or comissions? Is there anybody who does not charge? Would I need a comic to sign in for Belgian artists if I want a sketch? I only have paper which i out in my sketch album, and some French-Belgium artists hesitate to sign on paper (Ebay!)

THX

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spoiler

Zitat Zitat von hkluth Beitrag anzeigen
    Arstis alley - where?
    come in, turn left, walk 60 meters and enjoy yourself
    No podium but a complete wall (30 meters) of pro's (and actors) and opposide of that is the Local Artist Alley with newcomers, small guests and/or local talent.

I have an early bird ticket
    great! You can get in at 9.15 instead of 10.00

does it make sense to go straight to the alley
    sure thing! Since you have an EB-ticket you should be in the first line.
    all artists supposed to be there around 10 indeed.

Drunken Irish artists >> not happening!
    If not, are there signs when they are there?
    nope

I notice that on the FACTS site you posted some costs.
    at the forum at www.facts.be indeed.

Are these for sketches or comissions?
    for commissions and sometimes for sketches. As stated.

Would I need a comic to sign in for Belgian artists if I want a sketch?
    that depends on the artists. One can ask for you to buy a Graphic Novel and then you can get a sketch for free. Another might ask you to buy a limited print (10-15 Euro most likely) and then you can get your books signed.
    It will be a surprise for me as well. I have tried to make a common rule for it, but since a lot of artists are also aware of the Ebay-able sketches, they want in on the profit and ask for some more then others (who are not that Ebay-able)

I only have paper which i out in my sketch album, and some French-Belgium artists hesitate to sign on paper (Ebay!)
    like I mentionned above. It depends on the artist and his bank-ability.

I only have paper which i out in my sketch album,
    actually.
    I have a sketchbook.
    Just an A4-dummy I got for 5 euro's at a bookstore, but that works fine! And yuo do not cut out pages then ofcourse!
    [/QUOTE]
    Any more questions?

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aleksi Briclot cancelled due to family business.

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Lectrr-contest and a UIP-contest (win DVD's) but we now also have a CONAN-contest!!
    http://www.facts.be/fa_contest_conan.html

You can enter and win one of six gorgeous oversized hardcover foil-covered Linsner-covers CONAN albums SIGNED by guest Linsner himself!!

OR even win the first prize in this contest which is a beautiful bust of Conan, which can be picked up at the convention on SUNDAY!

Thanks to the generous contribution of DARK DRAGON BOOKS ( www.darkdragonbooks.com ) to celebrate the Dutch translation of Conan and to have fantasy-fans at FACTS2009 have this awesome treat!!

Go to http://www.darkdragonbooks.com to check it out
    Go to http://www.facts.be/fa_contest_conan.html to enter the contest!!

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Less than twenty days to go, so time for an update on the 2009 edition of F.A.C.T.S.

First of all, we've got a new batch of guests to announce:

* KEVIN SORBO, who played the main character in the TV series Hercules (Hercules himself!) and Andromeda (Captain Dylan Hunt), but who is also known for his roles in Meet The Spartans, The O.C., Xena: Warrior Princes, and many more;
    * JIMMY JEAN-LOUIS, a.k.a. "the Haitian" from Heroes;
    * ROBERT PICARDO, known from his roles in Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, Star Trek: Voyager, Smallville, The Wonder Years, and many more;
    * GLENN FABRY, a famous British comics artist who worked on Slaine, Preacher, Hellblazer, etc.;
    * ROMANO, a Dutch artist whose works include Lady Death, X-Men, The Darkness, Bloodrayne and Storm;
    * and some more artists.

Sadly enough, LOU FERRIGNO had to cancel his appearance due to a movie shoot that could not be rescheduled. We look forward to welcoming him on a future edition of our show.

If you're looking for stuff to buy, you will have a field day at FACTS. There will be more tables than ever before – totaling more than 1 kilometer in length! DVD's, CD's, toys, books, comics, anime, model kits, etc. – you'll find it all and much, much more!

If you want to win some great DVD-boxes, make sure to participate in our big UIP-contest.

On Saturday evening, you can shake those legs at the one and only FACTS afterparty. All info is here.

If FACTS 2009 isn't enough to trench your thirst for great anime, be sure to visit the superb "Anime! High Art – Pop Culture" exhibition, which is organised by our friends of the Filmfestival and is a great addition to our event. More info can be found here.

Check out our website at www.facts.be from time to time for all the latest info. While you are there, make sure to drop by at the FACTS store, where you can purchase pictures from past celebrities. You can also find us on Netlog, Facebook and follow our updates on Twitter.

And remember: F.A.C.T.S. 2009 - the biggest science fiction, fantasy, anime & comics convention in the Benelux - will take place on October 17th & 18th 2009 in a brand new location, namely FLANDERS EXPO, Ghent, Belgium. This new location offers more space, easier access and a lot of exciting possibilities for us to improve your favourite convention even more!

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    reminding everybody that there are still cool contests (Conan, UIP and Lectrr) being held!! Check http://www.facts.be/fa_contest_uip_2009.html and the other pages as well !!!

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Mitglied
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Con-Fuse bvba proudly presents :

FACTS2009

When we started with FACTS, way back in 1993 in a small room above a pub, we never would have dreamed that, one day, we would make it all the way to Flanders Expo. Yet, some sixteen years later, that impossible dream is about to become reality!

Indeed, on October 17th and 18th 2009, FACTS 2009 will take place in Flanders Expo, filling up more than 8.000 m2!

And, boy, do we have a great show for you!

First of all, there will be more dealers than ever before with more than 1.000 dealer tables sold! That means even more toys, CD’s, DVD’s, books, comics, games, figurines and other goodies than you could ever dream of!

Of course, you’ll be able to scroll through the fan village once again, gathering the best of what the fan scene has to offer: from life size props to lego sets, from storytelling to sword fights, from meeting up with fellow fans to seeing groups of costume players wander about.

Feel like playing a computer game? Then FACTS 2009 is your place to be with over 60 consoles, a DDR booth, a Super Smash Brothers Brawl competition, a Soul Calibur 4 competition, HALO 3 ODST Lan, etc. And Ubisoft will bring along a fully playable demo of Assassin’s Creed 2 – a Belgian premiere!

And of course we have actors aboard as well. How about Kevin – Hercules – Sorbo, Christopher – TEAL’C – Judge, Leah – Racetrack – Cairns or Jimmy – The Haitian – Jean-Louis? Not to forget our 20+ (!) artists from the likes of Simon Bisley (Slaine), Joe Linsner (Dawn), Romano (Storm), Arthur Suydam (Marvel Zombies) and many, many more!

Not enough? How about a cos’ play competition, horror movie projections, a sword fighting demonstration, a party, etc. ?

Hungry? Thirsty? The catering will reach new heights at FACTS 2009 with a wide choice of foods and drinks (pasta! Asian food! Waffles! Ice cream!).

We hope to see you all at FACTS 2009!

For all the latest news, make sure to check out our site at www.facts.be !

FULL PROGRAM
    SATURDAY OCTOBER 17

10.00. FACTS 2009 Day 1 starts
    10.00. Dealers' area (1000+ m of dealer tables!) opens
    10.00. Game zone opens with a/o 60+ consoles, DDR booth, etc.
    10.00. Fan village opens
    10.30. First signing session actors & artists starts
    10.30. Exclusive projection of the horror-movie "Trick R Treat" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862856/) starts
    12.00. Q&A with Christopher Judge (Stargate)
    12.30. Q&A with Jimmy Jean-Louis (Heroes)
    13.00. End first signing session
    13.00. Super Smash Brothers Brawl competition starts
    13.45. Start official photoshoot session with actors
    14.30. Start second signing session
    14.30. Start cos' play competition
    15.30. Soul Calibur 4 competition starts
    16.30. Elanor Sword fighting show
    16.45. Q&A with Leah Cairns (Battlestar Galactica)
    17.15. Q&A with Kevin Sorbo (Hercules)
    17.00. End cos' play competition.
    18.00. FACTS 2009 Day 1 ends.
    21.00. FACTS 2009 Party @ Billy Bobs.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 18

10.00. FACTS 2009 Day 2 starts
    10.00. Dealers' area (1000+ m of dealer tables!) opens
    10.00. Game zone opens with a/o 60+ consoles, DDR booth, etc.
    10.00. Fan village opens
    10.30. First signing session actors & artists starts
    10.30 Exclusive projection of the horror-movie "The Hills run Red" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907676/) starts
    12.00. Q&A with Christopher Judge (Stargate)
    12.30. Q&A with Jimmy Jean-Louis (Heroes)
    13.00. End first signing session
    13.00. Streetfighter 4 competition starts
    13.45. Start official photoshoot session with actors
    14.30. Start second signing session
    14.30. Start cos' play competition
    15.00. Halo 3 ODST Lan starts
    16.15. Elanor Sword fighting show
    16.30. Q&A with Leah Cairns (Battlestar Galactica)
    17.00. FACTS 2009 ends.

FACTS 2009's main sponsors are: NETLOG, CLUB FM & UBISOFT.

FACTS is also sponsored by KANA, Neverland, Proxis, Arena 51, Zone09, Extra Zone & Schokkend Nieuws.

BadGrrlComicFanClub

I AM dead!! TWICE

Stichworte